Banana and blueberry pancakes recipe
Why wait until Shrove Tuesday to serve up these perfect pancakes? They make a delicious breakfast treat and can be whipped up and flipped up in no time. Have a go at the simple recipe below.
100g self raising flour
1 medium egg
150ml whole milk
A generous handful of fresh blueberries (halved)
1 large ripe banana (mashed)
- Sift the flour into a bowl or jug.
- Make a well and add the egg.
- Slowly add the milk and beat to a smooth batter.
- Add the mashed banana and blueberries and mix. The consistency should still be runny.
- Melt a knob of butter in a hot frying pan and add as much or as little batter as you like (the more batter, the bigger the pancake).
- Cook for about one minute (until the mixture bubbles or looks like it’s setting), and then flip.
- Cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of runny honey or, for an extra treat, a scoop of vanilla ice cream.