Top five ways to hydrate your skin
Humidity and heat can play havoc with your skin so it’s important to keep on top of your skincare routine. Louise Marchesin, the in-house beauty expert at Skinade, shares her top tips to keep your skin hydrated home or abroad.
- Moisturiser is your first defence against the environment after SPF so choose one that protects your skin against free radicals. Dermalogica Active Moist works wonderfully during the warmer months thanks to its light, oil-free formula.
- Your skin repairs itself at night and a serum packed full of hyaluronic acid will lock-in-moisture and help reverse the signs of ageing. Unlike other ingredients hyaluronic acid has the unique ability to adjust how much moisture your skin absorbs based on the humidity.
- As the saying goes, ‘you are what you eat.’ It’s also true when it comes to the supplements you take. Using a skincare specific supplement like Skinade can hugely help. Designed to work synergistically with its six key ingredients, it helps your skin's hydration levels from the inside out.
- A face mist is a great way to ensure midday hydration when you feel your skin needs it. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist is perfect for giving your skin a boost while on the go.
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that hinder the level of product your skin can potentially absorb. Try adding Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator to your skincare routine. Using it at least once a week will ensure your skin can fully absorb the ingredients in the products you’re using.
For more information, visit www.skinade.com.