Entering the i-on Breakthrough Awards
1. Do I have to pay to enter the awards?
No - there’s no fee for entering the awards.
2. Does the entry form have to be completed by the entrant or can you apply on behalf of someone?
You can enter yourself or you can enter on behalf of someone – you just need to make it clear on the entry form.
3. Can I enter into as many categories as I like?
Yes, you may fit into more than one category so it’s fine to enter multiple categories. Please tick all relevant boxes at the top of the entry form.
4. In what format should my entry be submitted?
Please provide all documentation in either Word or PDF format, along with a high resolution image, and email to email@example.com
5. Can I attach supporting documents?
Please don’t supply additional documents. All links to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, website should be included within your entry form.
6. What is the maximum file size for my submission?
Your main submission must be no more than 10MB. Any files above this size will not be accepted.
7. When is the 2017 awards deadline?
The entry deadline is 9am on Monday 15 May 2017.
The voting period
8. When will the shortlist be announced?
The 2017 shortlist will be announced on www.ionmagazine.co.uk on Friday 02 June 2017. i-on will also contact successful candidates on the email address provided.
9. When does the voting period begin?
The voting period will begin as soon as the shortlist is announced on Tuesday 30 May 2017.
10. How long does the voting period last?
The voting period runs until Monday 10 July 2017.
11. Can shortlisted nominees use social media to promote their entry and call for votes?
Yes, absolutely. It will be down to you as an individual to promote your entry to your colleagues, friends and family, and garner as many votes as possible. i-on will provide links and logos to make this as easy as possible. These will be emailed to you in advance.
12. What happens after the voting period closes?
Once the public vote closes, the top five entrants from each category will be whittled down to three by i-on. The three finalists will be notified and invited to give a five minute presentation to the judging panel.
Meeting the finalists
13. When and where does the judging take place?
The judging takes place on 24 August 2017 in central Edinburgh. Find out more about the judges HERE.
14. What is expected of the finalists on the judging day?
The three finalists from each category will be invited to give a five minute presentation to the judging panel. The content can take any format you like and you will have access to a computer/screen should you wish. Any material to be shown must be received by i-on no later than Thursday 17 August 2017.
The winners' party
15. When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced at the 2017 i-on Breakthrough Awards winners' party on Wednesday 13 September 2017 in Mansfield Traquair, Edinburgh.
16. Will the finalists be given tickets to the event?
Yes, each of the 18 finalists will be given two tickets to the event.
17. Is it possible to purchase additional tickets?
Yes, tickets for the evening will also be on sale and you will be able to purchase as many as you like.
18. What is expected of the finalists on the night?
All 18 finalists are expected to be present on the evening to collect their award should they win.
19. How is the overall winner chosen?
The overall winner is selected by the judging panel and their decision is final.
20. What is expected of the six winners following the party?
The six winners will be expected to take part in a photoshoot to appear in the following month's edition of i-on. The photoshoot will take place on Friday 15 September 2017 in Edinburgh.
21. Are there any sponsorship or partnership opportunities?
Yes, for details on 2017 opportunities please contact Zoe Schmid on firstname.lastname@example.org.