5 ways to show mum your appreciation
It's Mother's Day on Sunday, 11 March and while no amount of candles could ever truly cover the appreciation you've racked up over the years, we think a brunch, wellness gifts, and afternoon tea is a good place to start...
Gleneagles Jazz Brunch
Taking place in Gleneagles’ newest restaurant, The Birnam Brasserie, the Mother’s Day brunch features live jazz music, a Bellini, Mimosa and Bloody Mary station, and a decadent choice of brunch favourites – including elegant brasserie dishes, fresh seafood and American classics. The brunch costs £45 for adults; £20 for children aged 5 – 12; free for under-5s. To book, Tel: 01764 694270
Three-course Sunday Lunch at The Pompadour, Waldorf Astoria
For an extra-special Mother's Day, how about a three-course Sunday lunch in one of Scotland's most magnificent dining rooms? The Waldorf Astoria - The Caledonian are serving a delicious three-course menu for £29.50 per person or alternatively, enjoy a five-course tasting menu, £45 person, created by head chef Dan Ashmore. To reserve a table, Tel: 0131 222 8975 or visit galvinedinburgh.com.
Neom Luxury Wellbeing Giftset
When it comes to thoughtful gifting for Mother’s Day, Neom Organics has it all wrapped up and what could be more special than giving the gift of a good night’s sleep, time to de stress or a boost of energy?
- Neom Organics Perfect Night's Sleep Face Oil: Deeply nourishes ands hydrates skin throughout the night with its powerful formula of antioxidants, omega complex and oil right in vitamins. £42.
- Neom Organics Real Luxury Intensive Skin Treatment Candle: Containing soothing cocoa butter, soybean oil and almond oil, the Luxury Skin Treatment Candle intensively treats tired and stressed skin whilst deeply relaxing the body and mind. £36.
- Neom Organics Energy Burst Eau de Parfum: An invogorating and natural fragrance with grapefruit, sparkling lemon and fresh rosemary scents and providing a powerful boost of energy. £49
All products available online at neomorganics.com.
Mother's Day Lunch at The Honours
For something truly special, why not book Mother's Day lunch at The Honours and enjoy a three-course menu with coffee and petit-fours, £45 per person. To book, visit thehonours.co.uk or Tel: 0131 220 2513.
Luxury Gifting from Jo Malone
If you're stuck on ideas, look no further than Jo Malone, guaranteed to delight any lucky recipient with their luxury fragrances, candles and body balms.
- Engligh Mint and Ginger Lip Care: Enriched with moringa butter, rose flower wax and kukui seed oil to help condition and protect the lips. £20
- English Fields Collection: A harvest of five limited edition fragrances designed to be worn layered; poppy & barley, primrose & rye, oat and cornflower, honey & crocus, green wheat and meadowsweet. £47 per 30ml Cologne.
- Iris and Lady Moore Charity Candle: Scents of irs and geranium will have your home smelling like an English country garden and 75% of proceeds go to Jo Malone charity partners. £46.
All gifts available at jomalone.co.uk.