Glow like a pro: How to get the perfect sunless tan
Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate seems to be the top self-tanning advice for beauty lovers, but we’ve found a few more sunless tan tips that are just as useful.
- Avoid oils before and after your tan as oil can stop your tan from taking and strip it after it’s applied.
- If showering before tanning, turn the tap to cold to close pores and avoid brown ‘dots’ appearing.
- Rub an ice cube over open face pores to minimise the product entering and blocking them.
- If you’re gone too dark all over, visit a steam room or sauna as this will help the tan fade evenly.
- Always buff after tanning – even if only with an old sock.
- If your tan’s taking too long to dry, give your skin a gentle blast with the hairdryer to speed up the process.
- To avoid creasing in armpits, knees and elbows, dust those areas with talc once tan is touch dry.